Steamboat Bill’s earned the largest number of votes in the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau’s third annual Top 20 Restaurants competition. Culinary tourism is a large part of Louisiana’s cultural charm, and this contest—developed by the CVB—helps celebrate the best places to eat based on preferences of local residents.
Steamboat Bill’s has locations on Martin Luther King Jr. Highway and 1004 N. Lakeshore Drive.
The public nominated 205 restaurants, with 3,858 votes cast. Second place went to Luna Bar & Grill, 719 Ryan Street, followed by Pat’s of Henderson, 1500 Siebarth Drive, for third place.
The votes were extremely close, and there was a four-way tie in the Top 20 results, so this year, there are 23 restaurants who are in the Top 20 in the hearts and minds of local residents.
"Culinary tourism is a huge part of why visitors love to visit Louisiana, and the Top 20 Restaurants contests helps visitors know where locals like to eat. The tie in the results emphasizes that there are many restaurants that are contenders to be honored through popular vote,” said Shelley Johnson, executive director of the CVB.
Other restaurants that made it to the Top 20, in alphabetical order:
- 121 Artisan Bistro, 121 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive, Lake Charles
- Botsky’s Premium Hotdogs, 104 W. Pujo Street, Lake Charles
- Casa Mañana, 2510 Ryan Street, Lake Charles
- Chastain’s, 3922 Ryan Street, Lake Charles
- Cousin’s Lebanese, 2612B Kirkman Street, Lake Charles
- Darrell’s, 119 West College Street, Lake Charles
- Harlequin Steaks & Seafood, 501 W. College Street, Lake Charles
- Hollier’s Cajun Kitchen, 1709 Ruth Street, Sulphur
- LeBleu’s Landing, 202 Henning Drive, Sulphur
- Leonard’s Food Quarters, 1708 Gerstner Memorial Drive, Lake Charles
- Mazen’s Mediterranean Foods, 217 W. College Street, Lake Charles
- Nina P’s, 1600 A W. McNeese Street, Lake Charles
- O’Charley’s, 1780 W. Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles
- Pitt Grill, 102 Benoit Lane, Sulphur
- Restaurant Calla, 1400 Market Street, Lake Charles
- Saltgrass Steakhouse at Golden Nugget, 2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles
- Seafood Palace, 2218 Enterprise Boulevard, Lake Charles
- Southern Spice Restaurant & Grill, 3901 Ryan Street, Lake Charles
- Texas Roadhouse, 3431 Nelson Road, Lake Charles
- Tony’s Pizza, 335 E. Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles
For more information, log ontowww.visitlakecharles.org/Top20or become a fan of the CVB on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/LakeCharlesCVB.